Closing Date: Monday 5th September
Salary: £22k - £24k
About Jelly Drops
Jelly Drops are an innovative sugar-free sweet, made of 95% water, designed to increase fluid intake in people with dementia, the elderly and others who struggle to stay hydrated.
We’re a small and passionate East London based startup, driven by social change. Along with being supported by the Alzheimer’s Society, we have won dozens of awards for design and innovation, as well as being featured on Sky News, the BBC and the TEDx stage.
First launched in the UK in 2020 to critical acclaim and countless glowing reviews, Jelly Drops have helped thousands of people to have an easier, tastier way to top up their water intake, while allowing for more enjoyable interactions with carers and loved-ones.
After expanding to the United States in 2022, we’re proud to be taking our next big step in helping the millions of people around the world affected by dementia, and beyond.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a Customer Service Advisor to oversee and undertake all aspects of customer service, support and care.
As a small company, you will need to be excited by the challenge of defining and improving how we interact with our customers as we continue to expand, while also thriving by being hands-on and personally dealing with our community each day.
Reporting directly to the Marketing Manager, you will be vital in ensuring we maintain the great relationship we have with our customer base as we continue to grow.
- Be the first point of contact for customers (either by phone, online chat or email) who require assistance – to help customers with queries, answer questions and take payments over the phone when required
- Respond to customer complaints, logging and disseminating feedback internally, and processing returns, refunds and replacements
- Own customer information, primarily through the FAQ portal, but also within the rest of the website and auto-emails, ensuring it is comprehensive, up to date and easily found
- To be the voice of the customer, identifying problems or improvements and communicating these effectively internally
- Oversee and manage community projects and individual affiliate partners, making recommendations as to program improvements
- Track B2B opportunities, managing relationships where appropriate and issuing and chasing invoices
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and appropriately balance this with company policy and efficiencies
- Be proactive as well as reactive, finding new ways to reduce and minimise avoidable enquiries, without reducing level of satisfaction
- Define how our customer service processes and team continue to improve as we grow
- Be flexible and adaptable, able to shift priorities, as well as supporting other areas of the business when required
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Solid experience working in a customer service environment, ideally for an e-commerce retailer
- Experience using digital customer service platforms (ideally Zendesk)
- A love for helping others and a desire to have a direct impact on people’s lives
- In-depth knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with both customers and colleagues
- Experience dealing directly with customers, through email, phone and chat
- Comfort at tackling difficult situations and resolving issues, while having patience and empathy with a broad range of customers
- Strong digital skills, able to quickly learn new apps, systems and technologies while independently solving problems
- Highly organised and methodical approach to tasks and project management
- Ability to take ownership and work autonomously, independently leading on improvements while communicating effectively with wider teams
- Flexible, highly resilient and comfortable with changing priorities
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of more advanced customisation and automation of customer service software, such as macros, workflows and reporting
- Knowledge of ecommerce systems for order and customer management (ideally Shopify and Recharge)
- Previous experience leading or managing the customer experience function of growing startup
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to surface insights to help decision-making and track/improve key KPIs
- £22k - £24k salary
- 25 days holiday a year (plus bank holidays)
- Based at our office near Broadway Market, with flexible work from home options
- 9:00AM - 5:30PM Monday to Friday hours
- Monthly wellbeing budget
- Monday breakfast, Friday drinks and other company socials
- Friendly, passionate and small team driven by social change
- Send us your CV with a maximum of 200 words on why this role is perfect for you to email@example.com
- We’ll invite you for a short call with our Marketing Manager to talk more about your experience and the role, to ensure you’re a good fit
- Later, there will be a more detailed in-person interview with wider members of the team, including a short task
- If everyone’s happy, most importantly you, we’ll make you an offer to join our team